Windows XP won't operate.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnsp1

I have run the repair disc only to get stuck when it asks me to hit "r" for repair. I have also chosen "last known good configuration". Windows begins to reboot and then returns me to the previous screen. Any ideas short of re-installing the entire operating system?

What is the problem that you are trying to repair? What do you mean about getting stuck after pressing R for repair?

johnsp1

When I turn on the computer, after Windows attempts to start, I get a message that Windows did not start successfully. Then I am given the choice to start in "Safe Mode", "Safe Mode w/command prompt", "Last Known Good Configuration", or "Start Windows Normally". I have tried all these choices only to find myself in the same screen a few seconds later. I have tried the repair disk and walked through the initial commands until it asks me to push "R". When I do this, nothing happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online