1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP wont work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by monkeyjunkey, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeyjunkey

monkeyjunkey Thread Starter

Hey, i'm new to the forums so hello! There's basically two problems I have with my computer, firstly and most pressing is that my windows (XP home edition) refuses to boot. My computer takes an age to boot up then eventually just goes to a black screen where usually the windows page would load, If i tilt the screen I can see the windows loading screen very faintly on the black screen as if it was about to load and then stopped. I've tried booting my computer in safe mode (which just caused a list of file names to appear rappidly then it crashes), and i've tried booting it in the last known working settings, in which i'm just faced with the same black screen. I've even tried just turning it off at the wall and leaving it alone in the hope the 'rest' might do it good (yeh i'm a bit computer illeteriate!). I dont have the windows XP disc to hand either.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Obvously thats my most pressing problem, but I also have an ongoing problem which I thought I might as well mention in case its connected. Sometimes my computer continually fails to turn on, it starts to boot up and then just fails and turns itself back off, then when its off a two tone siren type noise comes out of the hard drive untill I turn the hard drive off at the back. I can sometimes do this 6 or 7 times before my computer boots up, and after that it usually works fine. Somebody suggested it may be a fan error, so I took the case off the hardrive, there' wasnt much dust but I cleaned out all their was, and the fan seemes to be working fine, nothing is impairing it's movement. The more I talk about it the more it sounds like my computer may be terminal, which I really hope isnt the case! so yeh 1st problem most pressing, 2nd problem if its relevant or you can be bothered helping! sorry for the length of the post, cheers!

2. dhanubaba

dhanubaba

What is Ur PC configuration. Is PC loaded Desktop..? or remains as black screen.?
    That problem is happen recently or it's normally regally.?

3. monkeyjunkey

monkeyjunkey Thread Starter

Thanks for such quick reply! Um, i'm not entirley sure what the configuration of my pc is, I dont get as far as the desktop not even to the windows loading screen, it just stays as a black screen as if its frozen just before windows starts to load. The windows problem just happened today but the hard drive siren type noise has been happening for a while. Sorry i'm not very computer competent if you could treat my like a bit of an idiot concerning everything technical then that'd be great! Also forget to say I havn't installed anything new recently, and I dont have an internet connection on that computer so it cant be a virus or a conflict with new software or anything as nothing has changed. Is that relevant?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/794230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice