1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 237geezer, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 237geezer

237geezer Thread Starter

I have two computers that were built to my specs both of which have Windows XP home edition installed on them. I have a Fuji 2800 digital camera that I download pictures very easily onto the one machine with no problems. I got a second replacement cord for the second machine It does work with the first machine. However,the second machine does not recognize the digital camera at all.Since it is a plug and play camera I don't think I need drivers?? I suspect something is not enabled on the second machine. Can anyone help?:confused:

2. rekash

rekash

Plug and play just means the OS will recognize the hardware (in theory) when you 'plug' it in, hence the 'plug and play'. That doesn't mean you won't need a driver for the hardware.

David

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice