Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chicken48

I just installed Windows XP and am really thrilled by the look of it.
I went to install my printer (Canon S600) and received a message informing me that my system was not compatible with my CD-ROM for installing my printer. I went on Microsofts Update website and installed the update for the Canon S600 and it still won't work. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to uninstall Windows XP! Thanks.

Your system is not compatible with the Cdrom or the printer? that message is a bit confusing....

If you are having problems with your Cdrom, try going into the device manager and deleting your Cdrom and refresh and see if it will reinstall....

Printers, Scanners and such are going to be a major pain. You will need to direct the Installation wizard toward the Downloaded driver to see if it will install it from there.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online