1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by metalgod334, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. metalgod334

metalgod334 Thread Starter

hi people, really need your help. i am using windows xp os with 3.1 processor (AMD Athlon), i have 512RAM, 40 GB hard drive and a motherboard that is only about 2 years old. The problem is my pc seems to be quite slow lately. my pc reads the processor as 2.1 instead of 3.1, i cant seem to download patches for any game. basically if i try to download a patch for a game it just shows an error message.

I have searched for any viruses, spyware and other threats countless number of times but it seems there are none. I use AVG Free 7.5 for anti virus and Spybot search and destroy for anti spyware. I also have Zonealarm firewall. I even downloaded avast! free and that found no viruses, but when i downloaded avast! other problems occured of which are now fixed.

can someone please help me??!??!?

thanks.

2. tony007

tony007 Banned

Type dxdiag in the command prompt window press enter what does it say your processor is on the page that comes up. Type msconfig in the same window after clearing previous, click on start up tab uncheck what you dont need on startup click apply. Goto control panel internet options clear temporary files clear cookies clear history. Click on my computer right click on c:\ drive how much free space have you got? Goto start accesseries system tools disk defrag click on anylyze if it says you need a disk defrag do it. That should speed up your computer.

3. tony007

tony007 Banned

Have you ever been able to download patches if so try a sytem restore back to when you could.

4. metalgod334

metalgod334 Thread Starter

i managed to download a patch for c&c the first decade, but i still cant get any for anarchy online...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice