1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dobes4Me, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dobes4Me

Dobes4Me Thread Starter

System crashed during the night. Had this error msg: SZKG.SYS = address F78768CE base @ F7874000 datestamp 46bb9242. Now I have a large box on my desktop headed "Active Desktop Recovery." I clicked on the link that is supposed to restore the normal desktop but it did not work & I got a script error. Help will be greatly appreciated.::(

2. ryde01

ryde01

you might have virus, do you leave it idle through the night or working on it, are you conected to the internet

3. Dobes4Me

Dobes4Me Thread Starter

I have DSL and am always connected. I do close Outlook at night. Hope I've answered the question correctly.

4. ryde01

ryde01

try deleting all tempory internet files an cookies then go to your adminstrator and set up a new account hope this might help, you may have to tweek a few of your settings, and copy a fewfolders from the desk top. plus run yor antivirus and spyware

5. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

6. Dobes4Me

Dobes4Me Thread Starter

Sorry I neglected to say I'm running I/E 6.0. Had so much trouble with I/E 7.0 that I uninstalled and went back to earlier version. Will this fix work for V6.0. Thank you so much for all the info :eek:

7. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Try the fix WhitPhil suggested. It should work for IE6 too.

BTW, "SZKG.SYS" appears to be part of Stopzilla anti-spyware.

8. Dobes4Me

Dobes4Me Thread Starter

Thanks, will do. Last time I got that error I contacted SZ. They had me run a clean.exe type program after uninstalling their program and then reinstalling from a link they provided. Here's a link someone else sent me about the SZKG.SYS error, but I wasn't sure what to do with the info.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice