1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows10 login

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by shadoe44, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadoe44

shadoe44 Thread Starter

I just bought anew computer-hp laptop-windows 10-when asked to set it up with a name and password I didn't understand how to do this-wasn't sure to use my-gmail pw or a new one for windows10--I used a different name and a new password to get online in windows10-it is a gmail pw and name-now I cant get into windows10 -everytime I try to use a windows10 pw it wont let me-so I'm having to wait until somebody can help me get into my windows10-i had a outlook account at one time but they wont let me in using it-I don't know what to do-it has a touch screen if that helps-I am on windows10 when I try to get online with an outlook account-

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    When you first setup windows 10 , it asks you to use an email address and the email password to setup an account on the PC
    you need to use a valid microsoft outlook email address (hotmail, outlook live ) and the password you use for that account - OR have your non outlook email registered with outlook, and use the password you setup for outlook.com.

This should have been part of the process you went through

So did you register a valid gmail email with outlook.com , and setup a password - if so , you should be able to goto outlook.com, use the gmail email and also the password to log into the webserver.

If so then you use that email and the password you used to register gmail with outlook.com to log into the HP PC

Also part of the setup process may have asked you to create a recovery USB drive (HP PCs usually have a nag to create a recovery set)
    did you do this
    You can use that drive to re-install windows 10 - you dont have use an email account, you can set a local account on the PC

3. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    I would add. When you get to the final installation process, when it asks you to set up the email address and password, you can select an option further down. It says something like "I don't want to do this now" or similar. This will take you to the next screen, where you can enter your chosen username and password. At any time later, you can connect this to a Microsoft account, if you wish.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1160287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice