1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows7 Boot Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shah_nsd, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shah_nsd

shah_nsd Thread Starter

My computer kept saying "Enable to find bootable device" I reloaded windows. Windows would start but after a few clicks here and there, it would freeze, then when I restarted it would again show "Reboot and Select proper Boot device". I changed the RAM with a new one, bought a new HDD and re-loaded windows 7 on that, but again the same problem. I took out the BIOS battery to re-set it but it did not help. I changed the AHCI to IDE but it did not help.
    Now I can load windows but it would keep freezing after a few clicks and would take 2-3 minutes to come out of the freeze. Guys I am going crazy please help

2. computersarecool

computersarecool

Even though you reinstalled windows and changed your hard drive and RAM, it freezes. Try this:
    When windows boots, and you are logged in, quickly press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC on your keyboard. Click performance. What does it say?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice