1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows95 emulator

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lefriedman, Oct 29, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. lefriedman

lefriedman Thread Starter

Felix Rieseberg came out with a Windows 95 virtual machine/emulator. I am trying to load a Windows 95 program which will not run even in compatibility mode on Windows 10. That's the reason I'm trying the virtual machine. I made an iso image folder from the program CD and mounted it in Windows 10. My problem is how do I get in the Windows 95 emulator and run the setup file.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    This would be a question to ask the creator of the emulator. I don't know how it would be able to mount.

I would recommend using an actual virtual machine like VMWare to use Windows 95. Here is a guide to do so

3. lefriedman

Thank you for your speedy response. I did write the creator of the emulator but didn't receive a response yet. Who knows whether I will get one, so I tried this site. I did see that guide but using this Windows 95 emulator was quick and simple.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I just tried it and it keeps crashing. And I am on Windows 10. Apparently you can mount disc image my clicking on Modify C: Drive, but you need additional software to mount it in the emulator as Windows 10 does not work with that, which is noted by Felix.

5. lefriedman

Again, thanks! I didn't get that Modify C: . What does that do? Does it make the Windows95 emulator recognize the PC's C drive? I tried copying the image file of the program I'm trying to run into that Windows95 folder which contains Windows95 image file but that did not work. The emulator crashed.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Not your computer's drive, but disc images like ISOs. So you would want to create a CD image of your software you want to install.

7. lefriedman

I used OSFMount to mount an ISO folder of the program. I'm wondering whether I have to mount it in IMG format since the Windows95 emulator is in IMG format or will ISO also work. In any case, I was able to mount it to my PC as a D drive. I'm stuck on how or where to mount it to the emulator.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It was unusable for me so I would say stick with Felix for additional support.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice