1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WindowsXP 5 years of data lost

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by frankoravec, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankoravec

frankoravec Thread Starter

My PC with WindowsXP home version recently crashed and nothing was recoverable except for what came with it originally installed. I took it to a local PC clinic and they determined that nothing that I added to it in the past 5 years was recoverable. I couldn't bear the thought of trying to reconstruct, mostly by memory at my very old age, all the data and information which I added: so I took it to another PC clinic and their answer was the same as the first, not recoverable. Recently I erroneously submitted this to another forum at Tech Guy and they suggested that perhaps the data and information was still on the hard drive.
    I would greatly appreciate any help from this forum. Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/978855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice