WindowsXP Home Edition Nightmare

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stacey L

Hello Room:

This is a great website. It's so hard to a forum like this that doesn't charge a small fortune for advice.

I apologize in advance for the long post :D

To make a long, long story short. I had to install WXP Home Edition over an unauthorized version of WXP Pro I unknowingly had on my computer. Now, I have no sound and when I look in my control panel it reads that I don't have any audio device on my hard drive. I tried to use the Device Manager, but I also cannot find my sound device listed in the "sound, video and game controller section. I know I have a sound device because I was just listening to music before I had to install XP HE.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Stacey

tony007

Banned
Hi I,me new I have always been told that you cannot install xp home over xp pro but the opposite is ok.xp pro over xp home.

ITs best always to do a clean install rather than overwrite one-another.
This is to prevent unwanted problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts