1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WindowsXP Upgrade Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mannimal, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mannimal

mannimal Thread Starter

Alright i have windows 2000, i was in process of upgrading it to windows xp and then when it says windows setup starting it goes until almost the end and then it stops and hangs i have to restart it so i was wondering how to fix it if not i dont mind staying with windows 2000 but i want to get the screen before windows start to stop saying do you want to boot from windows 2000 professinal or windows xp setup

2. Iceworx

Iceworx

It´s a pretty big upgrade, so it might not actually just be hanging, have you tried just letting it sit and giving it time ?.
    Another option I would recommend is instead of upgrading it by inserting the CD and loading it in windows, why don´t you format your hard drive completely, I mean now that you have Windows XP why not start from scratch =)

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

A clean install will result in a more stable and effecient system . . either way, you should disconnect all external peripherals except the monitor, keyboard and mouse, and be sure those are not USB, or wireless. Any internal USB card should also be removed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!