WindowXP installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PCMan78

Is it true that Microsoft Physically will not allow you to install another copy of Windows XP on another computer without another CD-Key. In other words, Microsoft's activation will not let you do it. Is that true? Thanks!

Windows XP Operating System needs a licence for each installation.

Therefore in theory, trying to activate a second installation should fail.

crjdriver

You can use one cd on more than one computer; however you must purchase a license for each computer you install the os on. I do this quite a bit when I build a computer for someone. I use an xp disk that I made with sp1, and other utilities already on the disk to install on to each computer. This way when the guy picks up the box, his xp cd is still in its shiny wrapper.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts