1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

winex

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Nefesis, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nefesis

Nefesis Thread Starter

i'm trying to find a copy of winex for downloading and installing. my friends say it should be free, but the only site i have been able to find it at is http://www.transgaming.com/ . does anyone else know a different site where i can get it?

Nefesis

2. tnik

tnik

well checking around, its not an open sourced project as stated here so unless you find a pirated copy, your going to have to pay the $5 a month charge.. which I don't see that being that much if your hell bent on playing windows based games in linux.. heh

3. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Wine itself can do a decent job with most games. Its not "quite" as stable as WineX, but it is a well done product.

If you are "hell bent" on playing win games, the best way really is to dual boot, or shell out the $5 /mo.

4. evilmrhenry

evilmrhenry

I have WineX, and it has been worth the money.

If you are looking for a free version, either use Wine, or download the CVS tree.

http://www.transgaming.com/license.php?source=1

This will require compiling, and may not work right, but is, in fact (legally) free.

5. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Hmm. Can't say i knew that. Interesting. I agree though. If you are going to be a hardcore windows gamer who just hates windows, then wineX is the way to go.

6. tsunam

tsunam

Not surprising the Cvs is free legually, because it is the testing bleeding edge of well does this fix this but break this? type of situation. But hey its free!.

7. Nefesis

Nefesis Thread Starter

i found the cvs tree and all, but i can't figure out how to download anything from it. it just show me the source code (i think) or a bunch of files and folders.

8. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Which is what you are going to have to download. CVS is a source repositrory. You are going to have to download it, and compile it by your self.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice