winex

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nefesis

i'm trying to find a copy of winex for downloading and installing. my friends say it should be free, but the only site i have been able to find it at is http://www.transgaming.com/ . does anyone else know a different site where i can get it?

Nefesis

well checking around, its not an open sourced project as stated here so unless you find a pirated copy, your going to have to pay the $5 a month charge.. which I don't see that being that much if your hell bent on playing windows based games in linux.. heh

Wine itself can do a decent job with most games. Its not "quite" as stable as WineX, but it is a well done product.

If you are "hell bent" on playing win games, the best way really is to dual boot, or shell out the $5 /mo.

Hmm. Can't say i knew that. Interesting. I agree though. If you are going to be a hardcore windows gamer who just hates windows, then wineX is the way to go.

Not surprising the Cvs is free legually, because it is the testing bleeding edge of well does this fix this but break this? type of situation. But hey its free!.

Nefesis

i found the cvs tree and all, but i can't figure out how to download anything from it. it just show me the source code (i think) or a bunch of files and folders.

Which is what you are going to have to download. CVS is a source repositrory. You are going to have to download it, and compile it by your self.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online