1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinExplorer Acting Odd.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Nocontact, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

Everytime I click on a file in windows explorer it opens a new window instead of just going to this file. I mean that it does go there but opens a new window for some reason. This is very annoying because it takes up a lot of room on my taskbar. I don't know why this started happening but I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to go back to the way it was.
    Thanks.

2. Darg_mals

Darg_mals

Are you maybe just click happy? Could it be that you are clicking on it several times and not waiting for it to load? Have you checked system for virus. I'm no pro not even sure if I should be answering this :)

3. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Try this:

Start > Settings > Folder Options... On the General tab look at the Windows Desktop Update and select "Custom, based on settings you choose:, then click the "Settings" button.

In the second section of the window that appears, called "Browse folders as follows" select "Open each folder in the same window", then click ok. The close the folder options window.

P.S. Darg_mals: Don't worry- all input is allowed as long as it is not harmful! Asking and thinking is how we all learn! :)

4. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

Thanks a lot, P-chips. I was in my folders area the other day I must have hit something I shouldn't have. All is well now, thanks for your help.
    Have a good day.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice