wininet.dll not found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

monkey99

I am not on the PC that is having the problems. Here's the story - I turn on the PC, the first screen appears where I select a user.No matter what user I select it get "this application has failed to start because wininet.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

I click on ok several times and eventually get to a screen that only shows my wallpaper. I can get to the task manager window but nothing else. I called dell and spent 2 hours getting nowhere. Need help.

You extracted the file from the zip file right? If not do it and put that on a cd.

In task manager under applications click the "New Task" button. Type in CMD.exe and click ok. This should bring up a command window. In this window type the following (without the quotes), assuming that your CD drive is drive E:
"MOVE /-Y E:/wininet.dll, C:/WINDOWS/system32"
If you get a message the says "The file exsists" then we have a different problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online