1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

winlogon.exe question...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kromedome, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kromedome

kromedome Thread Starter

Hi...
    I've been trying to download updates for Win2K. I've been getting an error message when I try to download the prior required (prerequisite) WIN2KSP4...either from my CD here, or from the IE Microsoft update site.
    I get into the service pack install up to where it's checking my current configuration, then I get an error menu stating "An error has been created by: winlogon.exe and an error log entry will be created and the system will be shut down."
    It does precisely that and restarts on its own..
    Funny thing is, I've installed the WIN2KSP4 before, and had no problems...
    I've enabled all start-up functions and services with msconfig.sys, I shut down my ZoneAlarm when using the local CD ROM and I've done an update install of the original OS.
    Any suggestions? I'd like to download the most current updates to maintain my security blanket...
    Thanks for whatever you can toss my way, but only when it's convenient...I know there are hundreds with more serious problems beating your door down.
    Thanks!
    Kromedome

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice