1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

winlogon ???

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by tabletennisboy1, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabletennisboy1

tabletennisboy1 Thread Starter

Hi
    Ive got a toshiba laptop with windows xp
    When I turn on my laptop on this message appears

Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wtrqqhcsw\winlogon.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

I then press OK
    Then this appears

Could not load or run 'C:\WINDOWS/system32\wtrqqhcsw\winlogon.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

I press ok again and this whole sequence is repeated again

My laptop is very slow and I downloaded the free version of AVG and that says I have no viruses but my laptop has been slow for weeks now.

I thought it was to do with my memory as I only have 7gb left but I took some gb off to an external hardrive and this has not made a difference.

Any help would be very grateful.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice