WinME Logoff/password problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jgarrity

Platform:WinME 4.90.3000 build 3000
Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 SP1
Installed=Client for Microsoft networks,Microsoft Family Logon,TCP/IP
CP->Passwords=All users use same settings

When Windows starts (no password dialog) TCP passwords not present or made available(greyed out)
When I choose Start->Logoff-> there is no User or anything, just yes or no to logoff.

When Windows logs back on,it must logon under our username because TCP password and other settings are correct and if I choose Start->Logoff, the Username appears--Log off "username"...
When I go to Contol Panel->Users it appears none to be listed because the Add User Wizard appears.
I hesitate to add our username if it exists somewhere and just not being recognized.
The username IS listed as a folder in c:\windows\profiles

Any suggestions?

jgarrity

I also have a lot of ".1" extensions in my registry KEYs

i.e:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDDBControl.CddbID3Tag
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDDBControl.CddbID3Tag.1

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Microsoft.DirectMusicChordTrack
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Microsoft.DirectMusicChordTrack.1

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMPTheme.WMPSkinMngr
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMPTheme.WMPSkinMngr.1

if that helps any?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online