1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Winme - printer installation problem - stops at connect usb

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Blue_J, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blue_J

Blue_J Thread Starter

Hi Guys, trying to install Brother Pro Suite for my MFC215c Printer. Have installation disk which works fine. Installation stops at "connect USB cable to computer and turn printer on". Then nothing happens on the screen of my desktop no matter how long I wait.

I have completely uninstaled the software and any related software and restarted my computer over a dozen times and over the period of a week and have retried the installation process but with no success.

I really need my printer/scanner/fax/copier to work and am thinking of doing a fresh install of the Operating System which is rather drastic but it has only been done recently anyway... (and my first install of the Brother Suite installed perfectly afterwards. I only deleted the software when I had a problem that said there was a problem with the printer BRUSHB or similar which showed it was not able to print from my desktop to the printer, thinking that a fresh instal of the Brother software would solve the problem. I could afterward not reinstal the softare) however the same problem could occur so not really wanting to do this so will ask you guys - the experts - if you have any other ideas first!

Have used several different USB cables so its not that.
    I think that the installer on WinMe is not working.

Even when the USB is connected to the printer and the computer turned on the printer is not showing in device manager. The only other thing I thought of is that I might need to allocate the printer a drive number ie. F or G like I had to do with my external drives... but this seems a bit strange.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jay : )

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

3. Blue_J

Blue_J Thread Starter

Thanks Ray, I did see the Brother Solutions site and these drivers but thought as I already had the drivers on disk that they would be exactly the same... and would take a very long time for me to download on dial-up so as it happened I have now reformatted my hard-drive as having other difficulties (see my most recent post) but will keep this thread open in case I have printer problems again when I re-install the Printer and Drivers... and as it may also be a help to others who may wish to comment or offer suggestions along similar lines. Thanks again, Jay.

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

As for the Drivers in that link, if you know of a friend who has a High Speed connection, you could ask him/her to download it for you and burn it to a CD or put it on a Flash drive.

Good luck with your reformat and cross our fingers that all goes well.

5. Blue_J

Blue_J Thread Starter

Good Thinking RTB. Will see what happens when I install the software " )

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice