WinNT network password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

duhast

At work our LAN is in a star config, about 9 'puters with 98 or XP....one of them has NT 4.0, serv pac 6. It is not a server, just a workstation.

I am trying to add it's printer to my 98 workstation as a network printer.

In the Add Printer Wizard, when I try to add it, it asks for a network password.

The NT workstation boots with no password (blank box) .

What do I need to do? I know zero about NT. :confused:

have you tried just clicking ok when the pw prompt is there. Also is there an administrator password

duhast

Had some success with the password...I can access the prinmter but now I get a RUNDLL32 error and the printer will not install on my workstation.

Have you installed the W98 specific drivers for the printer or are you trying to use the NT ones?
Cheers,
10forcash

duhast

This is the exact error

RUNDLL32 caused a general protection fault
in module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:0000a300

We have several different printers around the shop. There is another of the same type printer at another workstation that my station already accesses.

I assume that the wizard is trying to pull drivers from the NT to my 98 station. I do have the Epson disk.

???????

:confused:

Duhast,
yer, looks like it's trying to use the NT drivers, use the disc to install the printer locally, when it asks where the printer is, point it to the network shared printer
Cheers,
10forcash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online