1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Winows errors while istalling game.........

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shamrock1990, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamrock1990

shamrock1990 Thread Starter

Im hoping someone here has some ideas or suggestions on how to help me. I just bought Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific for my pc and it will not install and run. 1st of all: my pc should be able to run it as it meets the spec requirements on the box. My pc specs are: Dell E310 Pent 4ht 2.80ghz, 2 gigs ram, 160 gb hd and a Geforce 6200 video card. My system is obviously not even close to a powerhouse but I can run Flight sim x ok with lower settings. Also the video card is a pci bus because unfortunatley my system dosent have a pci express slot. The game requirements does say the geforce 6200 IS a supported card. One other thing is the instructions do state the because of technology in the disc designed to prevent copying there is a chance it may conflict with some disc and virtual drives. Maybe this is the problem, I am not sure how to check that out. Ok so here is what happens when I try to install the game: It loads normally, abeit slowly, and then when it is just about finished there is a windows error indicating "Directx setup has encountered a problem and needs to close.(you have the option of loading directx however I am pretty sure I already have the latest version, so I didnt choose the let the disc download it on previous tries) After clicking "dont send error to microsoft" I get the same error, but this time it is for Setup Launcher. Once again after clicking and not sending the error report to microsoft I get the final windows error, this time for Windows Media Component Setup Application. I click dont send error report and the program says installshield wizard complete and I click Finish. After that you are asked to register the game and It should launch the game or you can click the icon on the desktop to launch it. What happens is the system freezed up after the screen is filled with multicolored lines and such. Definitely not a good thing at this point. That about it. This is my last resort, does anyone have any ideas? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the advice!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/685422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice