1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinPatrol Plus

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by missfuffy, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missfuffy

missfuffy Thread Starter

By reading PCWorld and one of the threads on this site, I came across a program called: "WinPatrolPlus". From what I have
    read etc. it sound like a gem. I know that there is a fee of
    $19.95 which I don't mind paying IF the program is worthwhile.
    Any input will be most appreciated...... missfuffy

2. BillC

BillC

I can tell you I've had it for several months and find it most useful. I started with the free version, but then went to the Pro for more features.

Interesting, when I got it, it was $14.95 but when I checked their website it was $19.95. But, thanks to you, I can update my v 5.2.0.3 to the new v 6.0. It comes with lifetime upgrades.

If you do not have a utility monitoring your registry, this one will do that too. Thus, anytime a new application, wanted or unwanted tries to place itself there, you will know ahead of time.

The information provided is useful in identifing just what is going on with your computer.

How did I do? :)

3. missfuffy

missfuffy Thread Starter

Hi BILLC, It seems we have a lot in common: you live in Atlanta, I live in Hendersonville. You are a computer guru and I am trying to get answers to some critical questions.
    How did you do??? Superior!!!! Love it. I shall download it
    tomorrown.
    Last question: How do you get to put a little clipart figure next to your name??... missfuffy

4. BillC

BillC

Greetings from Atlanta.

I hope you like WinPatrol. I just d/l the upgrade and they have added some nice features. I would not have known to look if it were not for you. There is no auto-update.

About the "clipart"... once you have 100 posts, and you do, you can add your own. Go to User Panel > Edit Options > look for "change Avatar" at the bottom of the page. Cliick on that and you can d/l from your computer files what you want. I think it must be 50x50 pixels or smaller. Does that tell you what you need to know?

BTW, you can do a Google search on Avartars or Icons and find gilzillions of them. :)

5. missfuffy

missfuffy Thread Starter

.... somewhere there is a wealth of knowledge. Thank you
    BILLC for in depth knowledge which you sent my way re:
    WinPatrol Plus and, Avatars... I am going on a google hunt
    in a few minutes... thanks....... missfuffy

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice