1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinPatrol popup about Win Update

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Peano, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Peano

Peano Banned Thread Starter

I've had WinPatrol installed for several years. Just received notice for an update, so I installed it. Immediately after the install I began getting repeated popups from WinPatrol saying that Windows Update had changed the settings, and did I want to accept or reject the change.

I reject the change but keep getting the same popup every minute or so:

[​IMG]

I've had similar popups before, but always when I rejected a change, that was that. No more popups.

I checked the Windows Update settings in the Control Panel, and they are unchanged. It's set to notify me of updates but not to download or install. Just trying to figure out how to stop the bleeping WinPatrol popups .. short of uninstalling WinPatrol.

Any ideas?

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

I have used WinPatrol for years without this problem.
    Have you tried Accept Change - and then change to 'Notify me but don't automatically download or install them' in Windows Updates in System Properties?

3. hewee

hewee

New version of WinPatrol just cam out.
    http://www.winpatrol.com/upgrade.html

I think the last version is when the added options started to "Suppress alert".

But also what blues_harp28 I would do and reboot too because your talking MS update.

If you don't find your answer here, Email [email protected] and your get support from Bill himself.

4. BillPStudios

BillPStudios

Sorry, The AutoUpdate message is a bug in the initialization routine. We're not getting your current setting the first time. Click on accept shouldn't change anything but will keep the message from reappearing.

I have a fix all ready to go but I'm just making sure we don't have any other problems. Fixed build should be going out this weekend. Thank you so taking the time to post your experience.

Bill Pytlovany

5. hewee

hewee

Thanks Bill for posting on this.

6. hewee

hewee

The newer version with the fix is out now.

http://www.winpatrol.com/upgrade.html

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!