1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinScan?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Snhr, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snhr

Snhr Thread Starter

Alright, I'm sorry this thread seems a little brief but I don't know if I'm going to have the same problem as the first time I posted this thread.

About twenty minutes ago my computer started acting suspicious, it reported a ton of errors and just restarted. When it finally turned back on a program called WinScan was installed and it reported hard drive errors and RAM errors, saying it couldn't find my hard drive and my RAM usage was almost full. I knew that something was wrong because if I couldn't access my harddrive then I wouldn't even be able to access my computer and if my RAM usage was too high then my computer would be running extremely slow. I started posting this thread immediately because I want to know the best course of action to remove this from my computer. I was going to use the uninstall that was in the start menu, but then I thought what if it doesn't work and makes it even harder to remove. Dialogue boxes kept popping up saying the same errors so I quickly started scanning with Avast and looked on the internet for any reports of this happening to anyone else but I didn't find anything other than a few Yahoo! answer posts and one here that didn't really provide me any help. I registered here and started to post a thread but my computer restart again, having the same behavior as the first restart. Now, the program didn't start up like it did the first time and the error messages have stopped. I'm worried that it's still there (which I'm pretty sure it is) so I promptly looked for it in my program files and it wasn't there, I also looked for it in the add/remove programs and it wasn't their either. The program icon is still on my desktop and still in the start menu. I'm running a full scan with an updated virus definition with Avast! and I was wondering what I should do to get this off my system.

I have a Acer Aspire running Windows 7 64bit with a Intel Core i3 processor along with 4gb of ram. I use Avast for my anti-virus and if you need any more information I'll gladly post it.

Thanks for the help.
    -Sean

Edit: I can't find anything on my computer other than the icon when I search for it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice