1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

winspool.drv problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by benji31, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. benji31

benji31 Thread Starter

Hello,

First of all, i'm from Belgium and my English is not perfect, i hope i can explain my problem well enough.

i got an acer aspire 5740 G with windows 7 home premium 64 bits

I got a problem when my computer starts up, it shows some error boxes which say "unvalid installation copy" and then "C:\windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV is not available for windows or contains an error"
    They also occur when starting up firefox, adobe reader,...

I saw that somebody else had the same problem in 2010, the link to the thread is :
    http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/925274-c-windows-system32-winspool-drv-3.html
    The person that helped that guys was called Catbyte.

I already tried to rename the winspool.drv to winspool.drv.old, but that didnt help.

You should certainly watch that thread, because that guy got helped.

I have no experience with combofix, or any other malware or other programmes.

Please try to help asap, cause i'm working on my master thesis, and time is running short.

Thank you in advance for your time!:)

2. benji31

benji31 Thread Starter

Sorry to bother u, but is my thread still going to be seen if its on page 2 or 3?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051038