1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Winspool.drv

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by walt41, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. walt41

walt41 Thread Starter

I cannot run printer or several pgms due to missing required file: WINSPOOL.DRV Please direct me to download for this file.

2. pronute

pronute

for that we need more detail who makes the printer for one and what OS are you using?

3. walt41

walt41 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows Me, on a Compaq 5012US, and the printer is a H-P psc 2210 all-in-one. thanks for any help you can give.

I already searched for winspool.dll, to attempt to change it to .drv, but there are no copies of either on my computer.

4. pronute

pronute

Go to this web sight download and install HP Full Solution Software Driver: DATE: 2003-05-29, REV: 2.1.0, SIZE 166.13 MB .......... just a note if you don't have DSL or cable order the CD on this same page 166MB takes an average of 7 Hrs on dialup. the driver your looking for is in this software. Follow the instructions to the letter and you'll have no problems.

5. walt41

walt41 Thread Starter

Thank you for telling me where I could find and download WINSPOOL.DRV The trouble is, they are now four files located on my desktop, and I don't know how to get the necessary files where they need to be, namely in my Windows Startup and my HP scanner/printer. Please advise. Thanks.

6. pronute

pronute

here are the instructions form HP you don't put the files any where, this is an application it has to be installed the file winspool.drv somehow became coruped on your present printer installation you have to remove that and reinstall with what you just downloaded follow these instuctions to the letter and all will be well.

Instructions for Installation
    1. Download the web package to your desktop.
    2. If you have already installed the software for this device and you are either upgrading or re-installing you will need to disconnect the USB cable from your all-in-one, turn the device off, and then uninstall the software. The previous installation can be removed by running the Uninstall Software program via the START\Programs\Hewlett-Packard menu or via Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel. Please reboot your PC when prompted.
    3. After uninstalling the previous software double click the web package and follow the on screen instructions. Do not plug in the USB cable until you reach the Setup Your Device Now screen. After you plug in the USB cable press the ON button on the front panel to turn your all-in-one on.
    4. After the HP Product Registration window appears you will need to reboot the PC and then delete the web package from your desktop and the temp files located in c:\temp\HP All-in-One Series Web Release

7. walt41

walt41 Thread Starter

When I tried to uninstall the HP all-in-one, using the Uninstall Software command, I got the same error message: required file WINSPOOL.DRV not found. I tried then to delete all HP items, and put the HP install disk in, but get the message that there is already an HP program installed on my computer. Please help.

8. dzones

dzones

TRY this:

In explorer, go into the Windows\System folder

Copy winspool.drv. Rename the copy as winspool.dll.

making a copy of the winspool.drv file and renaming it with the .dll extension works sometimes. worth a shot.
    Dave

9. dzones

dzones

oops i got that backwards...sorry about that. let me know if you still know what I mean by my post..just reverse the .dll and .drv instructions.

10. walt41

walt41 Thread Starter

I placed a copy of the WINSPOOL.DRV file in the Windows System, and now, when I boot up, I get the error message:

"The WINSPOOL.DRV fil is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL
    :NtQueryInformationProcess"

Please tell me what I need to do now.

11. dzones

dzones

man you are having no luck at all. You can download that NTDLL.DLL file from the net and also place it in the windows/system folder.
    use google and type in ntdll.dll
    second choice is the one i would use.
    Dave

12. walt41

walt41 Thread Starter

Thanks. I d/l the file, unzipped it, tried to place it in Windows/System, and was informed it was already there. What does the msg: "NtQueryInformationProcess" mean?

You have been very helpful. This is frustrating. What should I try next? Thanks again.

13. walt41

walt41 Thread Starter

sorry. What did you mean by the "second choice?"

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice