1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Winupdate install but not ?- 98se

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by deanr, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanr

deanr Thread Starter

Hey All ! Greetings + Happy new ! I guess what i`ve got here is an installation problem involving Winzip or not. Two downloads- One is new (sis 900 fast ethernet adapter) from home site downloads into my system,C:\windows\temp or desktop with winzip.Go 2 Devicemanager to update there it cant find dll i`ve just dll into my system with Winzip! Now # 2 is from WindowsUpdate center is suggesting a driver to be dll + i do so + succesfully it tells me. Now my puter says or does nothing prompting to install this (Sis Net Driver Version 1.14. 01.00 /Size 37kb)driver from WinUpdateCentre ? I reboot+go back to Winupdate check scan again. Sure it tells me to install the above sisnet driver AGAIN ?!? Installation Problem ? Any hints would be great ! Thanx in advance Dean :) P.s. Info- IE6,Pent3 with all current updates,running o.k. except 4 above .

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Make a file folder on your desktop, double click on the file you downloaded, go to the top of winzip and choose the expand to button, and point it to the file folder you created....now show Windows that file folder when trying to update the drive....

Hope I followed you on that one ;)

3. deanr

deanr Thread Starter

Hey ALL ! I`ve checked my downloads+they are installedor should i say there in my puter. So i have to assume there is a situation where my system is not installing or putting in place my downloads to function EFFECTIVELY. I`m getting frustrated here. Thanx Dean :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice