Winword erros

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

resqdew

Using Microsoft ME, internet explorer 6
No new hardware or software; virus check completed twice
already uninstall & reinstall ME, and Microsoft Office 2000

When trying to type to add to an existing Word document, error message appears
Winword has caused an error in MSSP3ES.DLL and will now close
Or
NAV32 has caused an error in CRYPT32.DLL and will now close
or
NAV32 has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL and will now close
or
Winword has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL and will now close

Then, once when trying to "reply to sender" in Outlook Express
PSTORES has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL and will now close.

Can anyone assist? Please be specific, I'm not that good at this computer stuff. Very first post, sorry if it's too long.

Thank you

Anne Troy

Anne
Somewhere in your Norton Antivirus is a setting to check Office files....deselect it.

resqdew

Could you possibly tell me how I can check Norton to uncheck whatever to get it to stop checking Office?

Norton Office Works2003 - I found the box where it lists Auto-Protect (on); Email scan (on); Script Block (on); Full Scan (on). Is this what you are talking about?

Under the add/remove, the only two topics listed are:
Norton Internet Security
Norton SystemWorks 2003

At this time, I can no long add to any existing document without getting one of the error messages mentioned before.

Again, I would appreciate specific steps for corrections since I still don't have a clue about this stuff.
Thank you
Resqdew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online