1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

winword.exe still running - word closed???

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by emveetu, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emveetu

emveetu Thread Starter

Jul 1, 2004
    Hi everyone! First time poster, and this place seems tight. :)

So, I've noticed that even though I close Word by clicking the close 'x' at the top right of the window, the winword.exe process still runs in the task manager unless I manually stop it or reboot the computer. I can't find any info on technet or the kb. I also googled and didn't come up with much. I've also been getting winword.exe errors every couple of times I close word.

The computer is CLEAN. I have spybot search and destroy, spyware blaster, hijackthis, and my virus definitions are up to date. Just ran scan on all of them... computer is clean. No strange processes running or starting up on boot up.

I have windows 2000 with all the latest updates, and office 2000 prof.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd be much obliged, and thank you in advance! Take care, hope all is well, and hope to hear from you soon!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

Feb 14, 1999
  3. chance

Jul 1, 2004
    Do you have Outlook running? If so close that out and winword.exe should be gone
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/245463