Winword gpf in kernel32.dll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

numcrun

I get this intermittently in my document, which is opened and regenerated using VBA. I am using Word 2000, and the document only contains textboxes. I am using Windows 98SE. I have tried redoing the document from scratch, deleting normal.dot, deleting tilde and temp files, reinstalling the printer drivers (it possibly occurs when the print button is pressed), but it still occurs.:eek:

Have you used SFC and scanned for altered/corrupt files? This may help more than you may think. System Tools, System Information, on the Tools menu, go to "System File Checker"

Hope that helps,

Drew

numcrun

Thanks for that, I didn't know about this utility. The only corrupt file was capi2032.dll which is something to do with ISDN connections, so I don' think it's the problem. However I have tried clearing the memory allocated to the Word application, using Set wordapp = nothing, and so far, so good. Possibly their was some sort of memory violation occurring when VBA tried to overwrite the contents of the textboxes. But the error only occurred about one in 20 times, so it's still wait and see.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts