1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinXP asking for user name and password after hibernate

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MsMash, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MsMash

MsMash Thread Starter

I just started having this problem after I did a clean reinstall and updated everything. Now it's seems that once I come out of hibernation mode, it's asking me for a user name and password to get back in. ~I never set a password~ I can however, click ok and it does let me back to the desktop, but this an annoyance I would love to get rid of. Can someone help please.

2. Moony187

Moony187

Open up your control panel and select power options. After opening up power options, select the second tab named "advanced". On the advanced options screen you should have a box that has options for hibernate mode, whether it should always show the icon in the taskbar or if it should prompt for a password when the computer resumes from stand by. I hope that I have helped you and that this solves your problem.

3. MsMash

MsMash Thread Starter

OK. I will try this option to see if it works. Thanks :)

4. nick0219

nick0219

no problem;)

5. LouCopits

LouCopits

That worked for me also!

6. Moony187

Moony187

Glad I could be of assistance

7. Moony187

Moony187

Please mark this thread solved by using the thread tools option at the top of the page.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!