1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WInxp Cd Burning issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by omniflare, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

heya. I'm having a hardtime buring some pictures to Cd. Theres about 40 megs of photo's that i would like to burn to a CD, when i put the Cd in the Cd rom it opens up asking what id like to do with it, i select, "Open a burnable folder" and when it brings up the window, explorer.exe crashes. I can open up NTI cd maker (default CD burning program on the computer) and burn it that way but i got used to doing it this way. Did i mention that this just started happening.
    Anyone have any experience with this happening in the past? I would prefer to do it the fastest way possible, which seems to be this, but im not married to it.

thanks!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

How about closing the first window and just selecting all the photos and using "Send to..." the burner? When you are done, all you need to do is open that CD drive in My Computer, File menu, "Burn...."

3. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

I did that, whenever that window comes up explorer crashes. Its a total trip.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Which window crashes explorer?

You might want to try a system file check. Go to Start >Run, and type: cmd

At the prompt, type: sfc /scannow

Reboot after the scan so that found system file replacements can be renamed and put into place (You can see how many files are being replaced by looking in this entry after the scan: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations - that may not be the exact name since mine is empty at the moment).

You will be prompted by sfc to insert your XP CD. If you have an application like Nero Drive Speed, it is a good idea to run it during this operation and keep your CD speed up to 4x or more. If you don't, sfc will keep popping up a window asking for the CD and you will have to click "Retry" quite a few times, but that is not all that difficult, I guess.

5. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

I'll give that a shot.
    Yea its the window that comes up with the "Documents waiting to be burned to a CD" items in it, Then at that point you would go to file>burn or whatever. Right when that folder comes up exploerer crashes.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!