1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinXP driver issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hugh 081360, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hugh 081360

hugh 081360 Thread Starter

Jul 9, 2003
    will upgrading to xp resolve the driver issues that I am encountering while trying to install a ati AIW Radeon 7500 on my gigabyte 'GA-7VKMP' with onboard video, audio,and network, running a duron 1.3 ghz processor with 256 mb ddr ram and win98, and a panasonic s15 monitor.

For some strange reason no matter what advice I follow I just cannot get the drivers to work. I have even formatted my machine, reinstalled all drivers, the most recent that I can find, and still no success.

Any advice will help.......

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Jan 24, 2002
    Hi, Your motherboard has a chipset from VIA, and usually you must install motherboard drivers from an install CD, or download from the support site for the Gigabyte board...did you do this?
    You have an onboard video adapter/chip. May need to disable it in the BIOS....I am not sure as some allow you to just install an added in card and load new drivers, some do not.
    You may have to load the Standard VGA adapter drivers, then after that is loaded and running in 16 color (yuck) you can install the right drivers for your OS and the Radeon and it will install.
    I would review the instructions from the mobo manual for installing an add in video card- the manual, if you do not have one, is here::
    manual found in the list on the left.
    Reading the FAQs might be quicker than opening the manual online with Adobe Acrobat.... but, it says "Coming soon" for them...oh well, manual is best I can do, unless you or someone can hunt for details on how to use add in video card easily.
    Might be just the standard step by step, uninstall all video drivers and switch to SVGA, then install new ones. Safe Mode can help with this.

Note that there is a 7VKMP-P version of this board.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/146097