1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinXP Explorer Always Open when Windows Loads Up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sirdoris, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirdoris

sirdoris Thread Starter

Hi,
    I've got more of an annoyance than a problem but I’m hoping someone can tell me how to sort it out.

I recently (about 3 weeks ago) built my PC and it has crashed once. When this happened I think I was viewing my D drive in explorer. Now every time I load up Windows the explorer window showing my D drive is displayed.

It is not really a problem as I can close it as normal, it's just getting on my nerves that every time I boot up my PC I have explorer already open.

Anyone know how to stop this?

Cheers

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Welcome, sirdoris.

There's probably a Registry Edit to fix this, but I would try the following.

Start - Run - msconfig - OK

Click on the Startup tab and look for an entry with nothing in the Command column. If you find one, uncheck it. Also look for an entry that is opening Windows Explorer with the D drive and uncheck that one. If you found either or both then Apply. After you Restart you will get a scary looking message; just tell it to not display again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice