1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinXP Internet Options applet corrupt

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wheelsbb, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheelsbb

wheelsbb Thread Starter

I'm hoping there's a workaround to this that doesn't involve reinstalling xp. I'm trying to connect to a small home network but I can't tell internet explorer to automatically determine LAN settings because I can't get to the applet. Every time I select tools>internet options a small dialog box flashes and then disappears before i can even see what it says. I realize this is the same applet as control panel>internet options... same result there. I tried adding/removing IE hoping the internet options applet would be replaced. I tried setting up a new connection manually and also using the new connection wizard.

Can you replace individual applets?

Other ideas?

Thanks-

Wheeler

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

3. wheelsbb

wheelsbb Thread Starter

Thanks... It's my home computer so I won't be able to try anything until this evening.

More suggestions welcome... i'd like to have a few options to try.

Does anybody know if windows' automatic LAN config does anything you can't do manually?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice