Winxp Run A Dll As An App

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

breakbeatsz

IM USING WINXP PRO & SERVICE PACK 1
I HAVE A PROBLEM THAT IS REALLY GIVING ME A HARD TIME

WHEN I GO TO THE DISPLAY PROPERTIES AND TRY TO OPEN THE DESKTOP TAB IT SHUTS DOWN AND I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE

RUN A DLL AS AN APP ERROR (SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE AND SO ON)
THE FAULTING APPLICATION IS THE RUNDLL.EXE
THE FAULTING MODULE IS THE MSHTML.DLL

PLEASE HELP!!!

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Try running system file checker.

start > run > cmd > sfc /scannow

Breakbeatsz: I don't think there's a problem with the card, but the same thing happened to me and it turned out to be bad nvidia drivers. Perhaps you're suffering from the same affliction?

First, check your hard drive and see if there's a directory named "Nvidia" anywhere. (Mine was C:\Nvidia) If it exists delete it, otherwise the bad drivers will just reinstall themselves.

Then go into control panel -> add or remove programs and remove "Nvidia windows 2000/xp display drivers"
After rebooting, let windows install "generic" drivers for the video card, you can always dowload new drivers from nvidia's site later.

Anyway, that fixed the "run a dll as an app" error for me, hopefully it'll do the same for you. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online