winxp sp1 updating doesn't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Beenie86

Hi, yesterday I helped my brother installing Winxp with sp1 integrated. I updatet once, restarted and started updating again. This time it says that windowsupdate was unable to install the components i've selected. I also tried to update it to sp2, but the same message appears.
Is there no other option other then downloading all the security updates or installing sp2?

Bryan

Bryan
Was this a burned CD with SP1 Integrated into it or a Microsoft Windows XP CD that you used?

Beenie86

It was burned with sp1 integrated, I installed all the security upgrades for him by downloading each from microsofts page.
The strang thing now is that windowsupdate doesn't find the other alternate upgrades (movie maker 2, direcX 9.0c +++)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online