WinXp Temp internet folders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ckaas

hey all, this has caused disastrous troubles for myself and some fellow students with our documents. when i open up an attachment from an email, i edit it as i read it, saving changes as i go along, changes are saved in temporary internet files. if i restart the computer however, the temporary files are cleared and i loose my work! aaah!!! :( is there any way to tell windows not to automatically clear these? thanks,

Christian K.

Just save the attachment somewhere else instead of editing it from the Temp files.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The Internet Temporary Files are not cleared if you don't ask them to be cleared. Open IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Uncheck Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

Of course, if you once save a file in a different location, IE should remember that location, that way you can keep the IE temp files cleaned out and save your work, a much more intelligent solution.

OK, you can create a folder on the root of C with your name on it and save all your files there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online