1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinXP upgrade - LaserJet 4 problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kvass851, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kvass851

kvass851 Thread Starter

I upgraded a user from Win98 to XP Pro recently. They are printing to a networked LaserJet4 Plus printer. The time to print is very slow now. Has anyone heard of any XP -> LaserJet problems?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did you upgarde the driver? Remove the printer and add it back. Drivers should be installed from the network that are required for XP.

3. kvass851

kvass851 Thread Starter

I am unsure about using XP printer driver on the Win98 box that is sharing the LaserJet.....

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The driver needs to be installed on your users computer anyways, regardless of the OS.

Since you didn't specify which LJ 4 printer, here is the link to the LaserJet 4 printer.

5. kvass851

kvass851 Thread Starter

When adding a networked printer, there is not a way to choose the driver (that I am aware of). I picked the printer from the list of shared printers and that was it. Thanks for the help though.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    (y) no problem. Though I'm suprised that there is no way to install a driver from CD... hmm

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!