1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinZip 12.0

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by silverdude, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silverdude

silverdude Thread Starter

Dear Sirs or Madam:

I zipped up a Microsoft Access file/data base with version 11.2 and e-mailed it to a friend to update my website and also have him resort all the data for me and then e-mail it back to me.

I attempted to unzip it SEVERAL times with version 12.0 and was unsuccessful. Then I realized I had to go into properties of the zip file and check that the file is safe and can be trusted.

I saved the Microsoft Access Data Base to My Documents. The problem is that when I did save it it is saved as a WinZip File and NOT a Microsoft Access Data Base File. I am able to open the winzip file and thus finally get to the Access file and open the file.

To my understanding after the file is unzipped it should be saved as an Access file and NOT a winzip file.

Thank you for your consideration and assistance,

P.S. This is the ONLY file I have attempted to work with since I updated to version 12.0 on October 12, 2008.

2. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Try zipping and unzipping with winrar archiver.

3. silverdude

silverdude Thread Starter

Smargguy01,
    Thanks for your reply!
    Is
    winrar archives
    part of WinZip 12.0 or is it some other type of program?

Thanks,

Silverdude

4. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    It's another program, download it from here (it's free) http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe
    I'm having all my files archived or shrinked with this program it's from the sam manufacturer like WinZip, only that WinZip is created for shrinking files, and WinRar for archiveing them, but can also shrink them very well.

Hope that will help you, smartguy01

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice