1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

winzip & Downloads

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lgwill, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lgwill

lgwill Thread Starter

I have downloaded winzip 8.0 I think. Do not know how to unzip files. If I download a program tht requires this I have to uninstall it because I cannot find the program

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Louanne
    Not sure what you mean by your last statement of uninstall this. After you downloaded Winzip did you double click the .exe file for setup? If you did not then you must to install. After Winzip installs it will place an Icon on desktop and in your Start menu. It is also available via right click which is where you will use it from the most. When a file is downloaded that is zipped locate the file and insure it is in its own folder. It is good practice to have independant folders for each downloaded item for organization. Once zipped file is located right click it and hover over the WinZip tab and then select Unzip to folder xxxxxx\xxxxxx\xxxx which will represent the location of the main folder you are in. When you click this option the nag screen will appear to agree too or not to agree, select I agree and it will unzip the item and create a new folder with the zipped contents next the the zipped item. If you open that folder after winzip is done you will find the contents of your download.

Dave

4. lgwill

lgwill Thread Starter

Appreciate the link -I WOULD like to be able to use Winzip tthough- since I already have it. I have never found any tutorials or anything on zip files.

5. lgwill

lgwill Thread Starter

Thanks Dave . I will have to spend some time looking at your instructons. --I just don't seem to get it-but I will.
    Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice