1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved WinZip Driver Updater (?)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by truecrime, Apr 17, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. truecrime

truecrime Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+, x64 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1917 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 180 GB (106 GB Free); D: 5 GB (0 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Pyrite
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated
    My question is I have had a WinZip Driver Updater downloaded to my computer which I do not want because I have no idea what is is for. Mistake on my part I am sure. Do you know of a way I can get rid of it. I have checked my control panel and do not even see it listed. It must have flew in on the fly of a free antivirus I had to install. Hiting the be here in washington state so will be back on tomorrow. Computer has been running fine and see no use for the download. Thanks for the help. Lana

2. Sponsor

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If it is just a downloaded file, not an installed program, simply delete it.

4. truecrime

truecrime Thread Starter

Even though this has not been downloaded (checked the control panel) and it is not listed as one of my programs on the computer. The file keeps popping up on the computer wanting me to update it. Pain. I also believe it is slowing my computer down. I am elderly and don't look at much on the computer, but it is getting old and some of these types of programs can slow a computer down. Can you think of anything I can use to try and catch this bugger and delete it all together from even popping in? Thanks TerryNet (marked unsolved because it is still causing problems. (I was thinking maybe because the program is only partly installed, maybe I should download again so that the uninstall a program will work. What do you think?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Files don't pop up by themselves. How about a screen shot to show what you are seeing.

If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

6. truecrime

truecrime Thread Starter

I don't know what I did last night but seem to have deleted anything to do with WinZip. Thanks for what help you have given me.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!