1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinZip Question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wrenie, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

I am not sure this is where I would post this but, I have a question about WinZip. When I dowload files to this I can never get them to open. What am I doing wrong? Also, how would I go about filing WinZip files for later use? TIA Wrenie

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

Hi wrenie

Not quite sure what you mean by this - You can download a zip file and save it anywhere - desktop - my documents etc.

Then you use winzip to unzip it

if you can explain your problem a bit clearer - i will try and explain it a bit clearer

steam

3. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

I can download these files to WinZip, but I can't figure out how to get them to open once they are downloaded. They are patterns for embroidery designs. Myabe my problems is I'm not filing them right. I will try to file (save) them in my documents and see what happens. Thanks for your help. wrenie

4. steamwiz

steamwiz

Hi wrenie

When you get the file in my documents - try right click "extract files"

steam

5. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Thanks I'll try that

6. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

Sorry for sounding so obvious here, but do you have the Winzip program installed on your computer?

If you do, all files with the winzip extension will have little icon that looks like a c-clamp and any time you double-click a zinzip file, it should open a winzip window.

7. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

I do have WinZip installed. I am thinking it must be something t do with these embroidery paterns because I can open other files just not the embroidery one????? Like I said earlier, I am very new at this whole business so I could have loused something up. Wrenie

8. steamwiz

steamwiz

wrenie

What is the extension on the file you are trying to open ?

would it be possible for you to post a link to the file you are trying to open so that I can download it and try and open it myself

steam

9. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Steamwiz, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had to be gone for awhile this evening.

I will try to send you a copy of one of the things I am trying to download and open. Remeber, I'm new to this, so don't hold your breath. Wrenie

10. steamwiz

steamwiz

wrenie

If you get stuck on anything just shout

steam

11. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Steam, Thank You so much for you help. I'll let you know how this turns out. Wrenie

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice