1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wiped out

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by snailspace, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snailspace

snailspace Thread Starter

I'm not sure what I did but I was attempting to reinstall windows xp and somehow there is nothing . I went into my add and remove programs file and it is empty. I had wireless internet and now I have no internet connections on my computer. I'm not sure if I can fix my problem. I'm open to all suggestions.

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

The Add and Remove form takes quite a while to populate sometimes so you may need to wait a few minutes. When you reisntalled, the drivers - software which is essential to run the machine - were wiped out and need to be reinstalled. You can use the machine you're posting from to find them but post back the make and model number and someone will be able to suggest the right place to go.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Did you attempt to reinstall XP or did you complete the reinstall? You're not being clear about that.

Did you use an actual XP CD or did you use a recovery/restore CD?

If you haven't installed any programs or drivers or updates since reinstalling XP, the Add Or Remove Programs window will likely be empty.

What's the brand name, model name, and model number of that computer? If you don't know, advise what the product/part number on the sticker is.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice