1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wiping Everything Out?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chaseroonie, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chaseroonie

Chaseroonie Thread Starter

So, I've recently decided that I have too much crap on my computer. Go figure. My computer came with Vista, and I can't stand Vista, so I had a friend get me a copy of XP. It's been going alright, besides the fact that I don't think I can do a system restore. I'm not exactly sure...But I'm pretty sure this copy of XP wasn't genuine. Anyways, I don't have Vista anymore, and I dunno what happened to all the CDs and paperwork that came with my computer. Basically, I just want to wipe my computer out besides the XP operating system quickly and easily. I know I could just go through and delete everything, but that gets rather tedious. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chase

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    You say you're pretty sure it's not a genuine copy of XP. check this from TSG rules "As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating."

As this thread might get closed soon, may I suggest that you get yourself a free and legal operating system such as Ubuntu:
    http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/1004features

Richard

3. Chaseroonie

Well I can't really do anything about it. My Vista OS is gone, and he gave me a copy of XP that isn't legal, and I can't afford to buy a new one. Does that OS come with the feature to restore my computer?

ALSO! I do a lot of gaming on my computer. Does Ubuntu support online games?

4. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

What make & model PC is it?
    There may be a hidden recovery partition on it that you can restore factory system image from.
    What is shown in Disk Management about the HDD and it's partitions?

5. Chaseroonie

All I know is that it's an Acer Aspire. I have no idea how to check whatever you asked, unfortuneately >.<

6. valis

valis Moderator

yup, it's going to be closed right quick. :)

we don't assist with illegal copies of OS's here. What'd I would suggest would be to follow 1002richards advice and install ubuntu or another flavor of linux; all of them are free.

thanks for understanding,

v

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice