wire/wireless help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joe9999

Hello
I have today put my main pc and laptop on a wireless network netgear dg843gt router
this works fine.

The problem i have is my main pc wont work on WIRE (ethernet) connection because the ethernet port (and hence router) is not seen by my pc

ie on device manager it has a yellow question mark
my comp was rebuilt in october after hard disk fail but no network drivers were installed for this port as ive never needed it till now.

my motherboard is asus p4r800- vm

any ideas would be helpfull?

thanks
a lot

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Download the motherboard drivers for your motherboard and install them. After that, you can install the network drivers from the same source, and the port should be functional.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Glad we got you going, it's nice to get an easy one now and then. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online