Wired Ethernet temporarily disconnects only when streaming

gngu0

So if I'm streaming through a screen share program, or through a video through a twitch/discord., My wired ethernet disconnects.
Example, I was screen sharing a youtube video, and it would randomly disconnect me from the ethernet or if I wanted to skip parts of the youtube video
it would buffer then disconnect my ethernet completely. However, if I wasn't on a meeting or a call. It would stream fine, and no buffering. What can I do? I have Gigabit connection.

So if I'm streaming through a screen share program, or through a video through a twitch/discord., My wired ethernet disconnects.
Example, I was screen sharing a youtube video, and it would randomly disconnect me from the ethernet or if I wanted to skip parts of the youtube video
it would buffer then disconnect my ethernet completely. However, if I wasn't on a meeting or a call. It would stream fine, and no buffering. What can I do? I have Gigabit connection.
This issue may be related to power saving options. Please see the below link for more details.

Link:
https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Ethernet-wired-connection-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/6216566

gngu0

This issue may be related to power saving options. Please see the below link for more details.

Link:
https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Ethernet-wired-connection-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/6216566
Oh I've looked online and exhausted most of these solutions already, I do not have a power saving option on my LAN properties, but I do have it on for battery usage even though I use a Desktop. I put both options on sleep never. I also went into REGedit and change the binaries so it would let the system know to never sleep. Both IVP4 and 6 Are not on static. I uninstalled my LAN card and restarted computer. Updated my drivers card, but it was already up to date.

Yes, we have had 3 similar problems reported already. Screen share while on YouTube.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts