Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wired USB mouse not working. [Windows 10]

721 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
Hi,

Only last couple of days, my laptop generated a weird problem. My wired USB mouse was working normally without any problem. But, for 2 days now, when I connect the mouse, it does show red laser/light in the mouse but it does not connect at all to the computer. No device is detected by the system at all. I have 2 mouses, and the problem is happening to both of them.

And, the mouse does connect normally on other laptop. Also, the used USB ports, do work with other devices such as USB flash drives.

I don't know what is the cause of such weird problem.

Can you help me?

Edit: The touch-pad works fine.

Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: A: 124 GB (23 GB Free); C: 172 GB (5 GB Free);
Motherboard: Quanta, 3628
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

See less See more
#2 ·
You appear to have Windows 10 Pro 32-bit installed in a very old HP laptop.
What is the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on it?

Why are you using a wired USB mouse instead of using a wireless USB mouse with a laptop?
What brand and model number is it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
You appear to have Windows 10 Pro 32-bit installed in a very old HP laptop.
What is the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on it?

Why are you using a wired USB mouse instead of using a wireless USB mouse with a laptop?
What brand and model number is it?

s/n: CNF9220RYP
p/n: NZ340EA#ABV

I never used wireless before, and wired does the job for me. I have a DELL mouse and a MEGA mouse.

#4 ·
You have a HP Pavilion dv6-1205ee Entertainment Notebook PC which was originally purchased in June 2009 and came with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit.

Besides that laptop being almost 10 years old and probably having hardware issues, it was never designed to run Windows 10 Pro 32-bit.

The Logitech M310 USB wireless mouse is what I recommend and is what I use with laptops.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-M310-Wireless-Mouse-Silver/14301744

Besides its low cost, it's very simple to set up and use.
Plug the mouse's receiver into one of the laptop's USB ports, then insert a AA battery inside the mouse, then turn on its switch.
Windows 10 will automatically detect it and install the necessary driver and advise you it's ready to be used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
You have a HP Pavilion dv6-1205ee Entertainment Notebook PC which was originally purchased in June 2009 and came with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit.

Besides that laptop being almost 10 years old and probably having hardware issues, it was never designed to run Windows 10 Pro 32-bit.

The Logitech M310 USB wireless mouse is what I recommend and is what I use with laptops.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-M310-Wireless-Mouse-Silver/14301744

Besides its low cost, it's very simple to set up and use.
Plug the mouse's receiver into one of the laptop's USB ports, then insert a AA battery inside the mouse, then turn on its switch.
Windows 10 will automatically detect it and install the necessary driver and advise you it's ready to be used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the advice.
I have been using Windows 10 since it was out and it is running smoothly. Only now the mouse problem occurred and I don't know why.
What could possibly be the reason? And why would a wireless be any different?

#6 ·
Try your other USB ports. Windows 10 might have installed the wrong USB drivers, it is notorious for installing wrong drivers especially on old machines. You could go to the device manager and try to roll back the driver to the previous one but 10 might do it again. Does it show up in the device manager?
Like flavallee said a wireless mouse is a good work-around. Wireless requires a different driver and windows would detect and install it. You may want to check and see if your USB ports are working for other things like flash drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.