Wireless Access Point

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etaf

Wayne
page 11 just shows you how to log into the router - you should be able to do this with internet explorer on windows 7

what happens on your PC ?

patriotsboy12

Etaf,

I am trying to "disable acess the internet using a proxy server function", after that the instructions to do that are in Windows XP. Can you tell me how to do this in Windows 7?

etaf

Wayne
you may not have a proxy server setup

First, disable the Access the Internet using a proxy server function. To disable this function, go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings and uncheck the enable box.
its pretty much the same

in the search box - top right hand side - type internet options and a window will appear where you can check proxy server

have a look at these links -
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove any proxy settings
Check your browser's settings, remove or uncheck any proxy settings if found

http://www.plus.net/support/software/browsers/proxies.shtml

http://www.ehow.com/how_5512742_remove-proxy-server.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

patriotsboy12

I have that done, now when I try to type in the ip address of the WAP in Google chrome or internet explorer, it will not find the page.

etaf

Wayne
only use internet explorer- did you change the settings at all in the past - reset the WAP to factory defaults and try the IP address again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts